Message Board

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

ESPN 3D Arrives On DirecTV

The day, or well, night as arrived I guess. Sitting here watching some late night TV, the upload page appears on my TV for a software update on my DirecTV. After it finishes up, I hit the guide to see what exactly has been done to my precious DirecTV. Well, 3D is what happened. ESPN 3D has been added to the guide.

For those of you who love soccer, and have a 3D ready TV. You are gonna be having some good times in June as the World Cup will be presented in 3D on ESPN 3D. I sadly do not have a 3D TV. So I will be missing out on this goodness. Either way, this is a pretty huge step in 3D in homes.

Most people are getting annoyed with 3D this and 3D that. But I on the other hand welcome it. It's a great technology that has been re-invented over the years and when done right, looks pretty stunning. Of course having EVERY big movie come out in 3D is a bit much, but they're not forcing you to see it in 3D. You have the choice of seeing it in normal format, so shut up already. Either way......Tron Legacy in 3D is going to be insane.