Message Board

Monday, November 2, 2009

93.3 KDKB. The Only Reason FM Radio Lives On


I'll admit it, I am a Sirius subscriber. I can't help it, I crave music, and I am a Stern fan. So I went to Sirius. FM radio grew stale, hearing the same songs over and over, or having to sit through 15 minutes of commercials to listen to 2 songs before going back to more commercials. But, sometimes I find myself back to FM radio. And the main reason being is KDKB.

I am a fan of Rock. And a fan of Metal. And KDKB delivers both to me. They don't play the "popular" songs all the time, or the biggest hits all the time. Sometimes they will play some deep tracks from a great album and that is what I like to hear. I don't wanna hear Disturbed 20 times in an hour like most FM Rock stations do. KDKB sticks to the greats, like Kiss, Judas Priest, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, and so on.

On top of that, another reason I venture back to FM radio instead of Sirius, is because of the price change that Sirius did. Where if you wanna listen online, you have to pay an extra amount of money on top of what you already pay. And when I wanna listen to music, it's times like now, at 1 in the morning, when I'm writing blogs, or just relaxing at home, so I go online and tune in at http://www.kdkb.com/ where I can listen to their live stream whenever I want. In doing so, I have discovered, Domonick. Who is pretty much the best rock DJ that Radio here in Phoenix AZ has to offer. Sadly he is only one late at night, a couple nights out of the week. If he was to be my drive home DJ, or on more frequently, then I would probably tune into FM radio more often. Too often did I get annoyed with the radio DJs, talking over the music, rambling on and on forever instead of just playing some music, but this guy gets it done, plays good music, and Domonick and the crew at KDKB, are the reason why I still turn the source on my radio to FM. If only all stations could be like them, then the world might be a more peaceful place, of ROCK.

Catch Domonick Sunday and Monday nights from Midnight to 5:00am.

Check out Domonicks page here.