Message Board

Monday, November 8, 2010

Call of Duty Black Ops Noob Tube? I Hope Not.

I have been a big fan of the Call Of Duty series for a long time. But my love kinda died out with Modern Warfare 2. Don't get me wrong, the game itself is great, one of the best game series of all time I would say. But what turned me off the most, was the damn noob tubin. Now for those who aren't giant lazy nerds like myself, a noob tube is a player who doesn't have much first person shooting skill, so instead they use the grenade launcher attachment on the guns to just shoot all the players with grenades to kill them. Now the occasional player like this was ok, understandable to a point. But it got to where there would be an entire team of these type of players, making online play almost impossible.

Now, I am what people call, a "camper". Which is a stupid thing to complain about. Camping is, pretty much what a real sniper would really do. Sit in one spot, wait, and kill you when you come by. How is running out into the middle of the field being smart at all? Camping is just, winning. So I don't really get killed that often by these noob tubin kids. But it does make running to certain spots almost like trying to get through an earthquake. Because if they're not launching grenades all over, theyre throwing out the flash bangs. Over, and over, and over.

In Modern Warfare 2, this was a huge annoyance, to the point that I just stopped playing. But Black Ops I have high hopes for. Black Ops is made by Treyarch, and they did not make Modern Warfare 2, but they are the ones who made World At War. Which is slightly better than Modern Warfare 2 in my opinion. And the online play for World At War, there wasn't much grenade madness going on. So hopefully this is the same with Black Ops. I guess I will find out this Tuesday!