Message Board

Monday, May 7, 2012

Avatar 2? Avatar 3? Avatar 4? Avatarpalooza!

I didn't like Avatar. Why it made so much money and people lost their minds over it was really confusing to me. It was the most predictable movie I had ever seen in my life. Every scenario and development you could see coming long before it wound up happening. But whatever, it made more money than any movie ever so naturally more are on the way. But now comes word from James Cameron that not just one more, or two more, but three more? And maybe more beyond that? James Cameron stated that he is now in the Avatar business, read his statement below....

Last year I basically completely disbanded my production company’s development arm. So I’m not interested in developing anything. I’m in the “Avatar” business. Period. That’s it. I’m making “Avatar 2,” “Avatar 3,” maybe “Avatar 4,” and I’m not going to produce other people’s movies for them. I’m not interested in taking scripts. And that all sounds I suppose a little bit restricted, but the point is I think within the “Avatar” landscape I can say everything I need to say that I think needs to be said, in terms of the state of the world and what I think we need to be doing about it. And doing it in an entertaining way.