Message Board

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

G.I. Joe Resolute is Pretty Bad Ass

Before all the hype for the new G.I. Joe movie hits, which I feel will be followed by a huge backlash from disappointed die hard G.I. Joe fans, I figured I would post on the G.I. Joe Resolute series that aired on Adult Swim. G.I. Joe Resolute is aimed at those of us who were fans of the classic old school G.I. Joe series. Not only do we get all the classic characters, but we get a darker look at G.I. Joe, which included blood, more realistic situations and stories, and even death! Yes, I was blown away at the fact that we're seeing classic G.I. Joe characters laid out dead from the get go. Of course if you were an 80's G.I. Joe fan, you saw the countless battles against Cobra, where you would see a huge battle, with the good guys and bad guys shooting back and forth, but no one ever died, or rarely even got shot. Well this is way different, and definitely a pretty cool update to the kid version we all saw. Resolute was broken into mini episodes that aired on Adult Swim, and now the entire series is featured online. If you were a G.I. Joe fan from the classic era, I'd definitely recommend checking this out, because I feel like the big summer blockbuster movie G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, will end up disappointing us all with it's new "vision" of what G.I. Joe really was. Here's the first "webisode" of G.I. Joe Resolute...click through if you want to check out the rest of the series: