Message Board

Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Life Is Complete. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 iPhone/iPod Touch Review

Tony Hawk Pro Skater was my favorite video game franchise from Pro Skater 2, until THUG 2. Everything went to crap after American Wasteland. But those precious years, I will never forget the hours upon hours completing every goal and every challenge that I could. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 was the only one of the franchise that I 100% completed.

Well, that series is all but dead now, they kept changing controls and game types until it no longer resembled what I had grown to love. Project 8 tried to bring it back, but it was just never the same. And don't even get me started on Ride.

Anyways, I have long missed the glory days of Tony Hawk Pro Skater. But following in the footsteps of many old school classics like Mega Man 2, Sonic, Earthworm Jim, and more, Tony Hawk has now come to the iPhone / iPod Touch. I was a bit worried at first, I have games like Sonic and Mega Man 2 on my iPhone but the touch screen directional pad and buttons, I just never could get the hang of. So, how does it work with Pro Skater 2?

Perfect.

The game plays and feels exactly like it once did on PS1. As soon as I started playing it, it all came back to me and I was soon hitting major combos and grinding all around. The levels are all there, the characters, only a few MINOR things are missing. Well, one major I guess, that is the soundtrack. It has been changed up a bit, but that's not a big issue. Anyways, if you are a fan of the old Tony Hawk series, and have an iPhone or iPod Touch. You must own this. Coming from a huge fan of the series, I give this two thumbs up.