Message Board

Saturday, October 3, 2009

October Movie Mania 3: Hatchet

When I first saw this, it had just hit DVD, and had been hyped up beyond belief. So when I first watched it, I was expecting the second coming of slasher movies. After seeing it, I was pretty let down by what I had just watched. Predictable, yawn worthy horror. But after a couple more viewings on late night TV when nothing else is on, it has kinda grown on me, a little, just a little.

I appreciate it for trying to bring back the 80s type slasher movies, but I also think my main problem going into this movie was I was fresh off of seeing Behind The Mask: The Rise Of Leslie Vernon, which was one of the most original and entertaining slasher movies I had seen in many years. So Hatchet had quite the yard stick to go up against. Funny enough though, both movies feature Kane Hodder.