Message Board

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Rock Band iPhone First Impression Review

I've been a casual player of Rock Band and Rock Band 2 on the PS3 ever since it came out. I was pretty good, but never got WAY into it like some people did. But I still enjoy picking it up and playing with some friends every now and then. So when Rock Band came out for the iPhone, I was pretty interested.

I haven't played too much, and have yet to really dive deep into the online play of it, but like I said, this is just a first impression review. Mainly for those wondering if they should bother getting it or not. And the answer to that is simple. If you are a fan of the normal console versions, then you will be a fan of this as well. I find it to be just as fun as playing the console version, and it's nice not having to set up instruments and all kinds of madness to get going.

The game has the usual stuff, the world tour mode, the quick play, but what is pretty cool about it is the multiplayer options. If you have a couple friends near you, and you all have Rock Band and wanna rock out, simply sync up via bluetooth, and you're off and rockin. And the game also syncs up to your Facebook account, so if you have a friend on Facebook you wanna rock out with, it will push a message to them letting them know they have been challenged to a rock off.

My only gripe is the song choices, most of the songs are ones already in Rock Band 1 or 2. So for the games price of 9.99, I woulda liked to see some new songs in there. There are songs available for download through the music store in the game just like the console versions, but I think there shoulda been more than just 20 songs at the start.

So if you are a fan of Rock Band, and you got 10 bucks to blow, you will not be let down by this. Check out this video to get a good idea of what this game looks and sounds like.