Message Board

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Netflix Instant Streaming On The Nintendo Wii This Spring

So it was announced. Netflix will be streaming on Nintendo Wii coming this Spring. After first appearing on the X Box, it then went to Playstation 3. And like the Playstation 3, Netflix users will get a free disc sent to them for their Wii as well. I recently got my Playstation 3 disc and have been using Netflix quite often on it. It works perfect, no problems, nothing. I love it.

As for the disc thing, its not big deal really. I mean its free. You dont pay any extra, so why complain? Besides rumor has it Playstation 3 is going to offer a subscription style service for their Playstation Network where users will no longer have to use the Netflix disc, as well as having a few other upgraded things that the free users wont have.

All in all, this is great news for Wii/Netflix users. I am in the middle of Sliders Season 1 on my Watch It Now list.