Message Board

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dillons at Scorpion Bay on Lake Pleasant Review

Yep, that's right kids, we now do food reviews. The wife, baby and I usually dine out maybe once a week or so, and figured if anyone out there is doing the same, you might wanna know what's good, in AZ at least, since that's where I live. Of course if I'm every out of town, I'll do food reviews there too, but anyways, on with the first food review!

Dillons is a little restaurant that is actually down the street from my house. I have never gone, but I drive past it often. Today we were bored and wanted a day out of the house and decided we would go to the lake and spend the day. We got there and were surprised to see that Dillons now has a location, literally ON the lake. It's the only place anywhere close to the lake to get food so it's pretty convenient for the local fisherman needing a bite to eat. So we took the long journey down the stairs and across the walkway over to Dillons, here is an image of Dillons out on the lake I got from their website....The first building you get to is where Dillons is located. Everything else is just docks for boat rentals and whatever else. You have the choice to sit inside or out on the deck, we chose the deck. Now they had the usual menu of burgers and other sandwiches, steaks and ribs, salads and soups, the usual stuff, sports bar style food. The wife is a burger fanatic, everywhere we go, if they have a burger, she gets it. So she of course ordered, The Burger. I myself went for the Pulled Pork Sandwich with Cajun BBQ sauce. Since like my wife is with burgers, I am with BBQ sauce. I LOVE BBQ. The service was quick and nice, the scenery is great.

The Burger. The wife said it was ok. Didn't knock her socks off, but she liked it. It was just a typical burger.

The Pulled Pork Sandwich was pretty good, but what really set it apart from others was the BBQ sauce. They had choices of Mild, Sweet, or Cajun. I went with the Cajun and I gotta say, it is one of the best BBQ Sauces I have ever had. With the word Cajun thrown in there you fear it might be really spicy and you're fighting back the burning tongue all during your meal but it wasn't bad at all. It was perfect and very good.

Its a safe bet that we will make a return visit to Dillons. On top of having good food they are very reasonably priced as well. For the two meals and three drinks the whole thing came to just 25 bucks. So I was pleased. Click here to check out pictures from the website and find more info.

Here is a pic I took from our table with my iPhone.