Message Board

Friday, November 18, 2011

Target Just Got Me Pumped for Black Friday

Next week is the big week for people who have 30+ people on their Christmas list that they're obligated to buy something for, therefore have to get up early as hell the day after Thanksgiving in order to get the best deal. Yep, it's the one and only Black Friday - the modern day "holiday" that celebrates shopping insanity. 

I haven't seen too many crazy deals coming out just yet, but I do know that Target caught my attention with their Black Friday 2-Day Sale commercial.  Apparently this commercial ran last year, but I don't know how I could have missed it.  Target has made magic by comparing Black Friday training to Rocky 4 training.....genius.  Comedian Maria Bamford is shown "training" for the Black Friday madness with the Rocky 4 training montage playing in the background.  They want Black Friday attention, this was the way to do it as far as I"m concerned.  I've read this aired last year as well, but I have no clue how I could have missed it.  None the less, I believe this has my vote for best Black Friday ad/commercial ever: