Message Board

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Rosario Dawson and Mickey Rourke Set to Return for Sin City 2


Once every few years, a movie comes along that impresses me enough to be added to my list of "movies I'll put on every time they're on" list....2005's Sin City is one of those movies.  Last week we brought you the official announcement of the Sin City sequel - A Dame to Kill For, and today we have news on original cast members returning for the sequel.

MTV.com spoke with Robert Rodriguez who confirmed that he spoke with both Rosario Dawson and Mickey Rourke and both are pumped to return for the sequel.  This is great news because the originals are part of the reason the movie was so great, and an all new cast would worry me.  Of course Mickey Rourke's character "Marv" died in the first one, so either this will be some sort of prequel or since it's comic world they'll find a way to bring him back.

Sin City brought us a comic world, gore, and boobs all in one movie....I think a sequel would aim to do the same.  I remember reading that Rosario Dawson was supposed to have an outfit that exposed her boobs in the movie, but I guess plans change as she only showed a lot of ass.  I'm hoping for the sequel she doesn't mind getting naked like she did in "Alexander."

MTV also brings up a rumor that Angelina Jolie would be cast as the "Dame to Kill For," which would be interesting to say the least although she hasn't been cast yet.  Sin City 2 should start filming this summer, so it will be interesting to see who is cast and how many of the original cast end up returning.